Sunday, November 1, 2009

Melons for Double Wedding Ring

The other day I cut the fabric for my double wedding ring quilt. All of the fabric is from my stash. I have never used so many pins, as there is not a single straight line in this quilt.
Rather than do all the corners, all the melons, then all the circles, I'm doing just enough for one row at a time. This gives me a chance to work on my form (scant 1/4" seams!) rather than just plowing through.

So far I really like the result. One of the things discussed in the class is having a bit of 'pop' on the corners - especially with patchwork quilts. Since my arcs aren't pieced, I had a hard time deciding on the colors for the corners. I finally chose a turquoise and brown. With the red, it's not a very traditional choice, but given they're colors I wear together I figured it would be OK for a quilt.

...

November is National Blog Posting Month (or NaBloPoMo) which challengers bloggers to post every day in the month of November. I'm taking it a bit further, and challenging myself to sew, take a picture, and post my progress everyday. Some days may not be much, but some days may be like Monday - a day for sewing.



...

No comments:

Post a Comment