Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Really, I do miss Mondays

I miss Mondays. Sounds funny, doesn't it? But I do. Last year, throughout the school year, every Monday my friend Kathy and I would get together and sew. More specifically - we'd make quilts. And we'd talk.

After our move from MN to Kansas City, I wondered the best way to stay in contact. We talk and text fairly regularly on the phone. Usually Monday, the conversation starts with, "Do you know where your sewing machine is?" I thought this might be a fun way to supplement our phone and text conversations. After all, isn't part of the fun sharing the finished product?

1 comment:

  1. Those kind of Mondays would be awesome! Wish I had someone that I could team up and sew with too! Sounds like an awesome time! I don't really have any friends that sew. I'm only 34 but everyone that I know that sews are much much older.... Guess I was born after my time or something?!

    ReplyDelete